Tuesday 24 April 2012

Nate Christian-Math Test

Hot on the heels of the the Franz Von EP which is my Drum and Bass EP of the year so far, Just Cause Recordings drops another heavyweight selection in the shape of a new album by NateChristian entitled 'Maths test'. Can I say from the start, if you are serious about DnB, you need to buy this album. A variety of styles are covered on the album from dark techstep to deep minimal & liquid DnB. Every track on here is a hitter but my personal favourite is 'Elitism', a rolling slice of techstep that tells a message to the listener with it's use of samples, in fact the whole album is sending out a message in a subtle way in a similar vein to the early J Tek records of the late noughties by Outrage & Modular which combined phat beats with meaningful messages and antiwar sentiments. So there you have it, my DnB EP of the years o far is 'Franz Von' and this is my DnB long player of the year so far, check it..........

No comments:

Post a Comment